LightStorm SL1 Crank Lantern, Capacitor Energy Storage, Zero Maintenance
LightStorm SL1 Crank Lantern. Eliminating the need for batteries, LightStorm incorporates a gold film capacitor for energy storage. Unlike Alkaline batteries which depend upon an electrolyte chemical reaction to produce power, a capacitor lantern utilizes energy stored electrostatically in an electric field. Capacitor crank lights never corrode preventing internal component damage resulting from battery electrolyte escaping the cell container.
No Free Lunch. Capacitor flashlights and capacitor lanterns require frequent charging and light output is not as bright as standard battery devices. Nonetheless, a capacitor recharges hundreds of thousands of times providing a maintenance free light source that operates for decades. LightStorm SL1 Crank lantern is a lightweight hockey puck size lantern for camping and backpacking. It also operates well as an emergency light during power outages.
Crank Lantern Specifications:
- Part Number: ECN01331
- UPC Number: 810346001131
- 1/2 watt (105,000 mcad) LED will flood Illuminate a 12-ft (4m) diameter area at a distance of 25-ft (8m)
- 3 White Light (15,000 mcad) LEDs will flood Illuminate an 18-ft (6m) diameter area at 15-ft (5m)
- 3 Red LEDs (15,000 mcad) can be seen miles away
- Spotlight duration on full charge: 10 minutes
- Floodlight duration on a full charge: 15 minutes
- Flashing Red light duration on a full charge: 15 minutes
- 2 minutes of cranking fully charges capacitor
- Capacitor can be recharged over 100,000 times
- Storage temperature: – 40F (- 40C) to 140F (60C)
- Operational temperature: -50º F (-45º C) to +140º F (70º C)
- Luminescent band will glow for 8 hours after only a few minutes exposure to room or sunlight
- Accessories: charging cable and USB connector
- SL1 weight: 8 oz (224g)
- Dimensions: Diameter 4 inches (10.16cm) Height: 1.5 inches (3.81cm)
LightStorm SL1 Crank Lantern Advantage
LightStorm SL1 is capable of daily use or remaining in storage for years without negative operating effects. Overtime, usually measured in a couple of weeks, the electric field of a capacitor dissipates. Recharging the capacitor by rotating the lantern handle returns the light to full operating condition.
LightStorm SL1 Crank Lantern Features
SL1 Crank Lantern operates as a flashlight, lantern, or as a flashing red LED emergency beacon. A hide away handle with attachment hook supports suspension or the light can be attached to a metal surface via the inserted magnets installed in the back of the lantern. The reflective surface enhances light projection and its mirror like quality supports use as an emergency daytime signaling device. The sealed housing is water resistant. SL1 also charges some mobile devices such as cell phones.
Ordering Bulk Qty or a Variety of Products? Contact EcoCentricNow to Receive a Quotation