LED Safety Vest Yellow
LED Safety Vest Orange and Yellow comply with ANSI/ISEA 107 Class II safety vest. Polyester garment is lightweight and breathable. Reflective tape provides added visibility. Sixteen (16) LEDs sewn into the reflective strips provide superior visibility. Sixteen LEDs evenly distributed: 8 front and 8 back.
Three modes of LED operation available including: fast blink, slow blink, and constant on. LEDs powered by 3 AA batteries. Battery controller located in a pocket sewn into the interior (body side) of the vest.
LED Safety Vest Specifications:
Color: Safety Yellow
Visibility: 16 LED sewn into Reflective Tape. 8 Front – 8 Back
ANSI/ISEA Standard: Complies with 107-2015
Transportation incidents and workers struck by vehicles or mobile equipment account for the highest number of fatal work injuries. Learn more about Work Zone Traffic Safety from OSHA Fact Sheet and important steps to keep workers safe.
American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel and Accessories
ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 provides performance requirements for conspicuous materials to be used in HVSA and specifies minimum amounts of background, retroreflective and combined-performance materials, colors and placement of materials for garments, supplemental items and accessory items used to enhance the visibility and safety of workers.
The 2015 edition continues to present three performance classes of garments based on the amount of visible materials and design attributes incorporated into the final configuration and now identifies garment types based on expected use settings and work activities being performed. These are designated as off-road (type O), roadway and temporary traffic control (type R), or public safety activities.
Low Risk: Class 2, Class 1 under certain conditions
Situations considered lower risk:
- Workers in activities that permit full and undivided attention to approaching traffic.
- Ample separation between the worker on foot and the traffic.
- Work backgrounds are not complex, allowing for optimal visibility.
- Vehicles are moving slowly (e.g., less than 40 km/h (25 mph).
- Tasks that divert attention from approaching traffic.
Worker responsibilities include:
- Directing vehicle operators to parking or service locations.
- Retrieving shopping carts in parking areas.
- Warehouse operations.
- “Right-of-Way” or sidewalk maintenance workers.
- Shipping or receiving operations.
Medium Risk: Class 2 or 3 based on certain conditions
Medium risk conditions where a LED Safety Vest provides additional protection:
- Vehicles or equipment are moving between 40-80 km/h (25-50 mph).
- Inclement weather conditions or low light.
- Work backgrounds are complex.
- Performing tasks that divert attention from approaching vehicle traffic.
- Activities are in close proximity to vehicles (in or near flowing vehicle traffic).
Jobs where LED Safety Vest improve visibility:
- Roadway construction, utility, forestry or railway workers.
- Utility workers.
- Survey crews.
- Forestry workers.
- School crossing guards.
- Parking and/or toll gate workers.
- Airport baggage handlers and ground crews.
- Emergency response personnel.
- Members of law enforcement.
- Accident site investigators.
- Railway workers.